In this episode (coming to you from Medellin, Colombia and Ao Nang, Thailand) I’m joined by Dr. Mark Ashton Smith, we diagnose and identify actionable solutions to 20 notorious problems of smart people.
We also discuss the newest developments with IQ and fluid intelligence building software along with sharing some cool life hacks for reading more and procrastinating less and improving your conversational skills with your smartphone. Dr. Smith has a couple of blogs worth checking out, HRP Lab: Brain Health, Resilience & Performance, and IQ Mindware, along with a consistently informative and well-written newsletter that all mind hackers should subscribe to, here.
#26 Smart People Problems with Dr. Mark A. Smith
All Science References & Sources <a rel="nofollow"href="http://www.limitlessmindset.com/podcast/533-smart-people...
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How smart people can deal with “evolutionarily familiar” tasks.
- Compartmentalization of mindset.
- The advantages of Dual N-Back training on your Android mobile device.
- Cognitive bias blind spots.
- Social and communication life hacks for smart people.
- Executive Function and deception.
- How to kick Analysis Paralysis’s ass!
- Listener questions about increasing testosterone and what is the best gateway smart drug.
Notorious Problems of Smart People…
- Get Laid Less
- The Ego Problem with “evolutionarily familiar” Tasks
- The Spacing Problem of Memorization
- Technology Addiction
- Substance Abuse Likelihood
- More Likely to Be a Psychopath
- Being a Night Owl
- Cognitive Bias Blind Spots
- Going Deep with People
- You Lie More
- You Are Easier to Scam
- Talking About Yourself
- More Likely to be an Atheist
- People Stealing Your Ideas
- Being Really Book Smart but Lacking Street Smarts
- Staying Playful
- Being Used because You are the “Smart One”
- Analysis Paralysis
- Premature Aging
Soon to be an infamous hashtag! #SmartPeopleProblems
Resources & Products:
- Dual N-Back Pro by IQ Mindware (Now with Android App!)
- F.Lux for glowing screens to protect your circadian rhythm.
- The 4 Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss
- Jonathan’s NDA Template
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- T+ Testosterone Booster by Onnit Labs
- Evernote: Article Reading Life Hack
- Polishing Your Communication Style by Recording Conversations on Your Smartphone
- ‘Team Pitbull — All Night’ (feat. David Rush & Pitbull) [Starkillers Remix]