He was scammed for over $150,000 by USI-Tech’s mining scheme in 2017, being scammed for six-figures resulted in a cascade of events culminating in him ending up homeless in a tent in the woods in Scotland (which just sounds soggy to me!)
In this interview he tells the whole story and details the red flags ignored, we also discuss what’s cryptocurrency scams are out there lurking now — what’s the next Bitconnect…
3:12 Matt’s entrepreneurial origin story
19:30 The cryptocurrency mining scam
30:06 Going homeless
38:59 How to avoid scams
51:15 Is “digital gold” a scam
59:25 Is XRP a scam?
1:05:12 Jonathan’s dating advice to future-crypto millionaires
“I got scammed and lost $150,000 in a cryptocurrency ponzi scheme. I got into crypto to escape the debt based, fiat currency ponzi scheme then got suckered into another one.”
From Cryptocurrency Scams: Keep Your Crypto Safe by Matthew Gumke
All resources mentioned
- MattyGTV on Youtube
- Trustpilot.com — Use this to research any company you might deal with
- Goldmoney Deleted My Gold. Is Goldmoney a Scam?
- Gold-Backed Cryptocurrency — The best of both worlds?
- Dissecting Cryptocurrency Scams — 12 Red Flags of Crypto Frauds
- Jonathan’s book about dating: Don’t Stick Your Dick in a Blender: How to meet a nice girl instead — from a tantric husband with a better sex life than you!