If I were a billionaire I’d bathe in this stuff daily…
Biohacker Review of ESS60 by MyVitalC
In my nearly 9-years of obsession with biohacking the super antioxidant C60 really stands out as a game-changing anti-aging agent.
As an antioxidant, C60 doesn’t fundamentally hack anything in the body on its own; instead, it just helps the body take out the trash. At the root of aging and nearly all diseases are tiny free radicals bouncing around your body causing havoc. Antioxidants, like C60, bind to these trouble-making molecules and escort them promptly out of the establishment. With that (very) simplified explanation of C60 out of the way let’s talk about ESS60 and my experience with it.
What is ESS60?
This is the form of C60 used in the landmark French anti-aging study heard around the world that doubled the lifespans of animals — the French researchers got their stuff from the American manufacturer SES Research, MyVitalC’s source.
A 2020 press release describes a physician-directed trial…
Scientist Chris Burres of SES Research Inc. reports that “One of our clients, a medical doctor practicing out of Tampa, using our ESS60 formulation had the following results.
“He used myDNAAge test to identify the DNA age of two test subjects prior to starting the protocol. The clients took 3 Thorne ResveraCels twice per day, Metformin 500mg daily and ESS60 in Olive Oil each evening. The subjects were retested at 5 months. A typical great result for this type of test would be that the patients experienced only 4 months of “dna aging” over the course of 5 months. In our case, one of the subjects had a MyDNAAge decrease of 1.8 years while the other had a decrease of 2.7 years. The protocol is based on Dr. David Sinclair’s book Lifespan, with the addition of ESS60 in Olive Oil.
“Our plan is to immediately start a baseline study and provide 4 test subjects with ESS60 in Olive Oil each morning. The subject will be DNA Age tested with a TruAGE test before trying ESS60 in Olive Oil. The TrueAGE test will be repeated at month 3. With positive results, the test subjects will continue to take ESS60 in Olive Oil daily and will be tested every 3 months.”
These preliminary results can now be confirmed and extended in the baseline studies that scientist Chris Burres plans with 4 test subjects consuming ESS60 in olive oil each morning. The 2012 Paris Baati study showed a 90% prolongation of lifespan in mammals consuming C60. What the comparable result will be in humans consuming ESS60 daily is anticipated with great interest.
ESS60 scientifically linked to Human DNA life extension, following 2012 study showing prolongation…
ESS60 scientifically linked to Human DNA life extension, following 2012 study showing prolongation of lifespan in…
So I was elated to receive a large package from MyVitalC with ESS60 in Olive Oil, MCT Coconut Oil, a 30-pack of Single Shots, and several smaller bottles of ESS60 for pets.
I proceeded to try all of them with my wife, and her ferocious little 5-pound perpetually pooping Pomeranian.
This go-around with C60 confirmed that I’m not very susceptible to the placebo effect. Having evaluated the evidence, I’m a big believer in C60 as an anti-aging gamechanger BUT it has little effect on me. I’ve gone through several bottles of the stuff and 30 of the little ESS60 squeeze tubes and there have been no real “Wow!” effects other than that my sleep quality seems to be a little better. A possible upside is that neither my wife nor I got sick while we trialed the ESS60, we managed to get not get sick (or COVID-19) in 2020.
I’ll add that around the time I was using the ESS60 I had two odd health issues…
- Skin rash on my arm — I had a rash that I resisted scratching for a few weeks, I did apply ESS60 to the rash for about 10 days and it made no difference. What did assuage the skin inflammation and get me rid of it was a much-needed vacation to the black sea. I swam in the ocean every day and the rash went right away and didn’t return.
- Tinnitus — I developed moderate tinnitus upon returning from vacation. It messed with my sleep for about a week until I began addressing it with meditation, which helped.
I really don’t think the ESS60 caused these issues because I went on and off the ESS60 and it made no difference. I would expect that the super-antioxidant would help with these sorts of things but it didn’t for me. I’m a younger, quite healthy guy — I’m starting to suspect that C60 just doesn’t do a lot for younger, healthier people.
We did give a little ESS60 to our Pomeranian for a few months — she’s little so she doesn’t need much. It had no noticeable effect on her; she’s a young, healthy, and very vocal dog. Humorously, she became antioxidantally entitled and would refuse to eat her dog chow until the ESS60 was added.
A few other things…
- It’s debated whether you should take it in the morning or the evening. If you find it energizing take it in the morning or afternoon. If you find it relaxing take it in the evening.
- The recommended dosage is between 5–15 milliliters; if you were taking it to address a more serious health issue you’d want to take 15 milliliters daily. Varying the dosage didn’t make much difference for me though.
- You want to take your C60 right away, unlike a lot of medicine and supplements, it will go bad by its expiration date. I once left a bottle of C60 on a shelf for about a year and then upon trying it discovered it tasted not right.
- I prefer C60 in olive oil over coconut oil — the olive oil just tastes amazing to me!
- What you wouldn’t want to do is cook with ESS60 olive oil; cooking will destroy those precious carbon Buckminsterfullerenes, what you can do is drip a bit on a salad. It tastes, like olive oil, naturally, with a little bit of a sulphuric bite.
- I’ll soon publish a deep-dive Cancer Prevention guide, in which I’ll detail why C60 is a great supplement for people worried about cancer. If a loved one of mine was diagnosed with cancer this stuff is near the top of the list of things I’d recommend they take because of the results of very promising animal sarcoma trials.
As you’ll see browsing by MyVitalC.com, their stuff is not cheap, with a monthly subscription their 120-milliliter bottle of ESS60 in Olive Oil runs about $75. You can certainly find more affordable C60 out there BUT this is one of those products where you get what you pay for — ESS60 is the result of very delicate and careful chemistry and it shouldn’t be cheap. Also, if you know much about Olive Oil you’ll know that the real stuff, rich in natural polyphenols, is one of the healthiest things you can consume but it’s not cheap. Most of the “Olive Oil” that you see on grocery store shelves is of dubious quality, it’s often not pure and actually mixed with cheaper, crappier oils. It’s American-manufactured, in Texas (the REAL America) so you’re paying a bit of a premium for a high-integrity product.
As much as I like all of what MyVItalC is about, I have to deduct one star because of my underwhelming subjective experience and the fact that the MyVitalC products hit you in the wallet, hard. Also, based on my own experience, I wouldn’t recommend C60 to everyone, when I talk to younger, otherwise healthy people I recommend Adaptogenic herbs or classic Nootropics, things that give you a noticeable edge. C60 I’d recommend to people with health issues, older people facing declining health, or people who just have a lot of money to throw around trying cool supplements — if I was a billionaire I’d bathe in ESS60-infused olive oil daily!