In this episode I’m joined by a 20 year veteran of the US Navy SEALs, Commander Mark Divine. Mark operates SEALFIT, a firm that physically and psychologically prepares Special Forces candidates with a 100% placement rate. We discuss everything from Hell Week and gamifying situational awareness to warrior meditation and preparing to hike Machu Pichu.
Jonathan at the summit at Vulcan Baru in Panama.
#28 Inside A Navy Seal's Mind With Mark Divine
http://www.limitlessmindset.com/podcast/556-inside-a-navy-seal-s-mind-with-mark-devine.html In this episode I'm joined…
Download this episode as an Audio (MP3 — on Google Drive)
In This Episodes We Discuss:
- What is Hell Week and BUD/S?
- Physical and mental training as a social activity.
- Qauntifying the effectiveness of our physical training regimens.
- Physical training for long hikes.
- The K.I.M Game
- Multitasking meditation: Integrating Warrior Yoga, box breathing, breath awareness and Qigong.
- Navy SEALs color system for Situational Awarenss: White (Complete ignorance of your environment), Yellow (Passive alert, pattern recognition state), Orange (A blip on your radar, pay attention), Red (Massive voilent action)
- How Navy SEALs are trained to relax. 4 count deep diaphragmatic breathing for relaxing. Breathing through nose interupts fight or flight responses.
- Visualization practice: light flowing into our body
- Physical training: Body weight, pull ups, air squats, the burpee
SEALFIT Hell Week Boot Camp on NBC News
Scaled Dive-Bomber Push up
SEALFIT Air Squat
Music: Ooah “Of Porcelain — The Witching Hour”
Originally published at www.limitlessmindset.com.