The smart drug that made me optimistically narcissistic
This is a cognitive enhancer which made me optimistically narcissistic. I’ll explain what I mean by that a little later…
While they are very different smart drugs, for me Phenylpiracetam is very similar to Modafinil…
- If you want to get so focused on complicated technical work, that even though you are working somewhere public, like a coffee shop, and your friends and maybe even attractive members of the opposite sex are very nearby, you don’t look up from your computer for hours and hours… Phenylpiracetam.
- Like Modafinil, it’s gold for complicated, logical problem solving, If your billable rate is over three figures hourly, you watched Star Trek growing up and you have a StackOverflow account, Phenylpiracetam is probably your kind of drug. It lets you go deep into a wormhole of focus.
- Usually, I need to listen to algorithmic music, audio programs or watch documentaries about WW2 while I work, but on Phenylpiracetam I was able to work for hours without audio infotainment.
- I hit new high scores in Lumosity frequently, especially in the math-related games.
- Here’s something that freaks me out a little; it does make you forget to eat, it also made me forget to go to the bathroom.
Meditation is tricky while dosed on Phenyl. I upped the dosage to 1000 milligrams one day and I found meditation particularly challenging. When I was trying to put my mind into ‘blue sky’ mode, it just kept chasing thoughts or analyzing them instead of letting them pass and staying observational.
About the Optimistic Narcissism…
I did 500 milligrams normally and it always made me really positive about myself, which I think speaks to the potent antidepressant effects of the drug.
I started watching my own videos (there’s a lot!) and feeling really good about what I’m doing…
Social Smart Drug?
Many report it as being an almost antisocial smart drug, for me the positive mindset it put me in offset this. I did socialize and practice pickup on it, which it’s not great for… I actually stacked it with Phenibut, because I wanted to see if the positivity and focus of the Phenyl complimented the tranquility and playfulness of the Phenibut. Which it really didn’t
- ACh Precursor, for many Biohackers it’s a good idea to supplement your choline intake simultaneous with dosing racetams.
- The CILTEP Stack and Racetams have synchronistic actions. Many biohackers report that it nicely compliments the ‘social racetam’ Aniracetam. Although the three together create an undesirable sensation.
- Modafinil is my favorite thing to combine with Phenylpiracetam. The two together I do not find overstimulating or anxiety-inducing but if I combined them not more than twice a week; the focus zone of relentless productivity they put me into is unequaled. Anytime I wanted to have a crazy productive +10 hour day, what I would do was take the Modafinil first thing in the morning and in the mid-afternoon, after I had hit the top of the cognitive enhancement bell curve of the Modafinil I would take a few hundred milligrams of Phenyl. This didn’t mess with my sleep cycles so I would do it maybe once or twice a week.
- Semax in combination with Phenylpiracetam may make you scary smart. A Biohacker who thoroughly experimented with both reported: By the way, Phenotropil works wonders when I take it with Semax. Has anyone experienced that or it’s just me?
- Semax and Selank are a highly renowned stack in elite Biohacker circles. Selank is the one Semax cofactor that is supported by the published scientific research. An American Biohacker reported I had stacked it with selank a few days back, and took a very small dose of ritalin (2.5mg), and went on the most productive 5 hours I had in the last year.
If I were going to shell out the cash for Phenyl, I would combine it with these two potent cofactors, and then I would invent faster than light travel.
Athletic Performance Enhancer
It’s regarded as physical or athletic performance enhancer, I tried taking it a couple of times before going salsa dancing or taking lessons and I have nothing special to report, but it’s hard to compare my past time of Latin dancing to real athletics, it’s mostly just an excuse to put my hands all over sweaty woman.
This little 10-gram bag costs +$50, the recommended dosage is 350–500 milligrams, so that’s not even that many doses that you get out of one bag. 10 grams of Piracetam costs less than a dollar and 10 grams of Noopept costs $25, so it’s one of the more expensive white powders that you can spend your money on. See the Racetam dosage comparison infographic.
Vs Sleep Deprivation
Once upon a dawn, following a crazy (yet sober — for me!) night, I took Phenyl to combat the exhaustion, which it did a great job of for about 2 hours then the lack of sleep got the best of me, I got unfocused and unproductive.
The taste is bad…
It has a reputation as one of the worst tasting smart drugs and Phenyl deserves it! It’s a fine powder and it tastes like eating a live tarantula!
It’s become something of a victim of its own success; because it’s a non-patented molecule, labs all over the world produce it and some Chinese and Indian labs, in a race to the bottom, flood the market with very cheap, low-quality stuff. This is why I only trust branded (like Phenotropil) pharmaceutical grade or raw powdered Phenylthat has been evaluated with spectroscopy to be >97% purity by an accredited lab in North America or Europe, which Peak Nootropics provides.
Risk Grade: A-
Number of Clinical Trials: 6
- Phenylpiracetam is regarded amongst Biohackers as one of the best smart drugs, it’s molecularly very similar Piracetam.
- It has a handful of clinical trials; a few of them recent, all of them Russian.
- Online you can find many veteran Biohackers highly praising it.
- One Biohacker took Phenylpiracetam for 3 months and reported: When I started phenylpiracetam I had some bad side effects from it. I tried two different online sellers of powdered phenylpiracetam (they are not the most popular sources, but they are still well known sources) , and after a few days of uses I would get a strange chest pain and difficulty sleeping. I almost discontinued my usage of this nootropic until I decided to use the original branded phenylpiracetam called Phenotropil. This is the one I have been using for the past three months and I haven’t experienced any side effects from it.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t deserve to get a higher grade because of the relative lack of human clinical trials done specifically on Phenylpiracetam at labs and universities around the world.
I don’t think I’ll reorder Phenylpiracetam because for me Modafinil (or even Aniracetam) had a pretty similar effect and doesn’t taste as bad and are better values. Why would people want to use it?
- For some people, the optimism promoting effect is much more pronounced and puts them into a very rare mindset that makes the challenges of life much more manageable.
- Their work or studies depend upon their mathematics ability.
- If you already take Modafinil and you want something to compliment it.
- Or if Modafinil isn’t copacetic with your unique neurobiology.
- They have $70 and want to throw an interesting new molecule at their brain chemistry.