“Trick People” for good and other reputational lifehacks
In this episode, I discuss a subtle communication shift along with seven other lifehacks for being perceived as highly consistent, dependable, and reliable without actually doing more work. Also, lifehacking applications of memory systems to ensure you never lose your phone again. Finally, I break down the sales and influence strategy of multiple hook points.
Listen to the podcast on the go here with Castbox
Trick People for good and other reputational lifehacks 🎙️ Limitless Mindset Podcast #21
Disclaimer: I don't actually advocate tricking people unless it's for their own enjoyment. In this episode, I discuss a…
In this episode we discuss…
- The subjectivity of limitless character qualities.
- Arbitrarily inflate your deadlines for tasks.
- Inflating the weight of your tasks.
- The rookie/veteran locksmith dynamic.
- Call attention to the areas where you are consistent.
- Why pontificating is a problem
- Call people back at specific times as opposed to as soon as you get their message.
- Handling meetings with consistency.
- How to talk about big goals and vision. The line to use: I am not yet the person who can do this.
- Utilize 3rd party credibility.
- Write people letters of reference.
- Add highlights from your letters of reference to your email signature
- How to avoid absentmindedness and losing your valuables using absurd visual associations.
- Multiple Hook Points: a sales and persuasion strategy.
- How to make a technology sales pitch.
Links and resources mentioned
Setting up a corporate-branded email through Gmail
Setting up Corporate Branded Email through Gmail - Limitless Mindset
Gmail by Google is the #1 email client choice of life hackers, entrepreneurs and productivity rockstars worldwide. One…
Jonathan’s Proposal Templates
Keep your goals for yourself: 3 different scientific studies dating back to 1926
Keep Your Goals to Yourself - Limitless Mindset
By Jonathan Roseland I'm not a doctor, medical professional, or trained therapist. I'm a researcher and pragmatic…
Memory Systems: How to NOT Lose Your Phone All the Damn Time - Limitless Mindset
Do you chronically misplace and lose your phone? If so the smartphone industry DOESN'T WANT you to read this article…
Recommended apps for reliable lifehackers
Boomerang for Gmail [Lifehacker Review]
Schedule an email to be sent later. Easy email reminders. Boomerang for Gmail is a Firefox / Chrome plugin that lets…
Evernote [Lifehacker Review]
is the leading cloud-based note-taking app that Limitless people love! It syncs multi-media notes and to-do lists…
Template for letter of reference request
In your letter of reference please include:
My communication style and ease of working with me.
How dependable or reliable I am.
The quality of the work I produce.
Bruce Lee quote about consistency and dependability:
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
David Guetta Feat. Sia — ‘She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)’