What is the best way to supplement NAD+?
Listening to people like world-renowned anti-aging researcher David Sinclair Ph.D. of Harvard you certainly might think so. The scientists who have looked the hardest at NAD+ think it may be the key to unlocking lifespans of greater than 120 years. It’s a very special molecule that has everything to do with why we age and the corresponding declines we experience in quality of life and mind.
Why is NAD+ so interesting to those crazy enough to think that we may one day live as long as we want to?
- NAD+ is a crucial cofactor of epigenetic function. Epigenetics is our genome’s capacity to turn on or off the right genes at the right time.
- NAD+ supports Mitochondrial function. Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell, the underlying energy generation system of the body.
- Decreasing NAD+ level is also associated with age-related DNA damage, according to a 2019 Therapeutic Applications paper. In the toxic soup of modernity, our DNA struggles to replicate itself perfectly, the shoddier the replication the more risk of cancer. NAD+ protects the DNA from all the nasty toxins and free radicals that threaten our health.
- NAD+ tunes your immune system like a master tuner tuning a grand piano. It can also modulate down the immune system which mitigates various autoimmune disorders.
- NAD+ comes from Vitamin B3 which is found in space. NASA scientists have actually identified Vitamin B3 in meteorites, adding credence to the Panspermia theory for the emergence of life on this planet.
Dr. Philip Milgram of the NAD Treatment Center in San Diego, California believes…
“NAD will turn out to be one of the greatest advances in medical science since Fleming invented penicillin.”
A big question that anti-aging pragmatists, holistic health practitioners, and biohackers are asking is…
What is the safest, most effective and most practical way to supplement NAD+?
NAD+ itself is not orally bioavailable, if you want to supplement it directly you need to get it injected intravenously, right in your bloodstream. Which is pricey (about $600) and needs to be done in a NAD clinic by a professional. Fortunately, there are several other ways to supplement NAD+ that are a lot more practical and economical.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Of all the B-Vitamins this is the one whose history I found both fascinating and tragic. It was experimented with by Abram Hoffer, Ph.D., MD. a real visionary healer who played a role in founding Alcoholics Anonymous. I find B3 tragic because Dr. Hoffer believed it had real potential to heal the trauma of a hurting world, but the medical and scientific institutions with their billions and billions of dollars in public funding never cared to explore its promise.
- Around the internet, you’ll find a bunch of fancy Mitochondrial function supplements but B-Vitamins like B3 are actually one of the best things you can supplement to support your Mitochondria.
- Its users consistently report that B3 increases appetite. You’ll be eating more and maybe experience food cravings. If you’re trying to gain weight B3 is a good Vitamin to take.
- The problem with Vitamin B3 is that it causes an unpleasant skin flush, it makes your skin visibly red and you feel uncomfortably hot. You can buy non-flush B3 but its efficacy is debated by the experts.
Dosage: 500–1500 milligrams daily
Cost: It’s very inexpensive, $12 for a 500 milligram 240 capsule supply, between an 8 month and 2 and a half month supply.
NR (Nicotinamide Riboside)
NIAGEN® is a patented and popular supplemental form of NR which has been researched at Cambridge University, Northwestern University, and Duke University. While a newer discovery in the anti-aging field, there are five NR human clinical trials.
- As you can see from the NAD+ metabolism diagrams, NR is two steps removed from NAD+.
- At 300 milligrams daily NR increases NAD by 40%-50% in just 8 weeks.
- The sentiment among users seems to be that it does improve health noticeably but doesn’t have an energizing or stimulating immediate effect.
Dosage: 300–900 milligrams daily
Cost: The best value NR is ninety 300 milligram capsules for $120, a 1–3 month supply.
NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
NMN while newer on the anti-aging scene has attained much acclaim by scientists and self-experimenters alike. It’s currently undergoing a human clinical trial in Japan.
- NMN is one step removed from NAD+, which it converts directly into.
- In regards to epigenetics, NMN activates the Sirtuin SIRT3 while NR does not.
- In a thorough sentiment analysis of the numerous anecdotes posted around the internet, I found NMN frequently described a classic Nootropic. Two-thirds of Biohackers who responded to a survey agreed that it had Nootropic effects (enhanced cognition, motivation and wakefulness).
To me, NMN is most appealing because of its…
- Reasonable cost (powdered it’s less expensive than NR).
- Lack of negative side effects.
- And purported Nootropic effect; it’s a doubly good value if it both empowers my health and enhances my productivity.
Infinite Age in the USA offers pure, lab-tested NMN
Infinite Age PURE NMN
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide Supplement | Support Optimal Brain Function| NAD Anti-Aging Support | Supports Health…
What people are saying about NMN’s antiaging effects…
“I may be the “youngest looking” 57 year old in Florida, but my body rarely feels like the 30 year old it resembles. When I read a few of the reviews about how quickly one could feel the results, I was skeptical. Not anymore! So the supplement option was already appealing to me. While I don’t expect this to be an instant “fountain of youth,” I’m optimistic it might come close in the long term.”
“Infinite Age’s PURE NMN supplement should be included in anyone’s supplement regimen. I noticed clearer thoughts, increase energy levels, and improved recovery time. I am half a century old and being able to keep pushing throughout the everyday grind, it allows me to reach my goal of retirement much sooner; Infinite Age PURE NMN is one supplement to give a try.”
“I have many years of experience trying a broad range of supplements, and so I have a lot of experience testing for effects and avoiding placebo, as well as many points for comparison. When starting, I was expecting a slight increase in energy or mild effects on my cognition. Instead, I have felt a substantial boost of (non-stimulating) energy, meaningfully improved clarity and quality of my thoughts, brightened mood, and most surprising to me, a pretty noticeable reduction in the day-to-day aches and pains that I, unfortunately, live with. Overall, I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed with Infinite Age’s NMN.”
“I have tried many supplements over the years and have yet to come across something as profound as this!!! Within about 1 hour out of nowhere, I felt this sense of positivity and just overall felt great. Something I couldn’t explain as I never just felt “good” without being able to point out exactly why of how. I feel naturally energetic and the normal nagging pain in my neck isn’t there…”